Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Sunny days in Athens

Finally, after one month in Athens I mange to share some thoughts with you @rs! I always thought exchange would be a grate experience, but the reality my expectations!

Firstly, I will tell you about…the sea. It is amassing to live in the center of the city and also be able to go each day for a swim! It takes less then one hour to get to the beach…so in the very hot days (imagine 44-45, for a “maramuresanca”) it is the perfect cooler.

Not to get romantic, I will start telling you about the ppl. First cultural shocks: girls with huge hair, in really short shorts, and really small tops in the center of the city; crazy old ppl, who start talking with you on the street, in supermarkets, on the beach (one of them stole my hat while I was swimming). In the first 2 weeks something strange happened to me each day, I was constantly wandering: what is the matter with this ppl? Now: I am crazy for buying Greek cloths, I have fun with the olders (I would love to have such a grandma), and I enjoy admiring hansom Greeks :P I have discovered soon that Greeks have mainly 2 things in mind: how to have more fun and…I’ll let you guess the other on :P There for it is impossible to get bored around here!

The word with which I would describe the city is: divers! Depending on the mood and money one can do anything here! There is the ancient part of the city with acropolis (from where at night the view of the city is beautiful!), a lot of little sweet streets, some nice parks, the crowded and dirty center, luxury neighborhoods, just perfect for walks at night. Also a lot of bars, taverns, cafes and mpouzoukia, my favorite divertissement! At first impression Greek music reminded me of our ”manele” and when ppl start crying on some “cantece de dor si jale” it was a bit funny, but generally I enjoy shaking my hips :P

I will finish this lines, whit another favorite subject: uzo! It is so good! I promise to bring some for you too!

A lot of kisses and hugs!
posted by Carmen @ 1:09 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Udah Lewat
Archives
sutbok
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus. Aenean viverra malesuada libero. Fusce ac quam.
judul

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus. Aenean viverra malesuada libero. Fusce ac quam.

Links
Template by
Free Blogger templates